Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Back to London!

Today when Katie and I got up it was POURING down rain.  I guess Scotland was sad to see us leave and the “skye” was crying.  Get it…skye as in the Isle of Skye ha! I couldn’t help it!  But yea, we had to get to the train station and wait for our train as it was pouring down.  Not the most ideal, but we made it!

On the train we got the joy to sit by this Asian man with a cold, bad breath, and he breathed heavy.  That was the longest 5.5 hours.  I was SOOO ready to get off and so thankful when we made it back to London.  We then headed to the Daniel House to get our other bags before we headed to our next B&B.  I guess B&B’s are the theme of the week.

We had to take a taxi to our B&B because there was no way we would have survived the tube with each of us having two suitcases.  Well when we pulled up to the Tudor Court B&B they were shocked of how many bags we had and it didn’t help that we were only staying two nights.  We tried to explain that we have been here for 6 weeks, but I don’t think they cared or listened.  All they cared about was that we were going to be on the top story (6ish flights of stairs) and there is no elevator.  AND they insisted that we did not care our luggage.  I offered, so I do not feel sorry for them at all.  Also this man kept telling us all about London and its attractions and how to use the tube even though we had told him this was our second time in London and we have been here for 6 weeks.  He just wanted to hear himself talk I guess?

After quickly changing, we were back out the door to meet up with the pharmacy team we had worked with at St. Thomas.  They were going out to celebrate a few of the pharmacists because they were rotating to a new team today.  With all the craziness of training in and moving our luggage, Katie and I were running late and then the tube was delayed.  Great!  So we didn’t make it to the hospital until 6 when we were supposed to be there at 5:30.  Thank goodness Anna our preceptor waited on us or we would have missed all of the fun.  She helped navigate us on the buses to where the group was together to bowl, eat pizza, and get drinks. 

It was so fun to see everyone one last time.  It was also really sad.  I have really enjoyed working with that crew!  Before we had gotten there I was to the point that I was ready to hop on a plane, but after hanging out with the team I am torn.  Half of me wants to stay in lovely London, but the other half is so excited to see my family, friends, my car, and sleep in my own bed.  I wish I could mix these two worlds together!  I would bring back with me from London all of the parks, the public transportation, walking everywhere you go, British accents, tea breaks, my new friends, and Borough market.  Wouldn’t those be perfect additions to Birmingham or Tennessee?  I think so!!!  A girl can dream!  Well I am off, but Cheers Yall!

1 comment:

  1. love the list of things you'd bring back! can't wait to just listen to lots of stories you didn't have time to add here!

    ReplyDelete