Saturday, July 9, 2011

Welcome to AMERICA!!!

Today was the longest day ever! In total from leaving our B&B to getting to my apartment in Birmingham, we traveled for 24 hours!  I am beyond exhaustion, but I got the most wonderful surprise text message when I landed in Atlanta.  My parents decided to drive down and surprise me in Birmingham!  It is so nice to have them here as I am re-adjusting to the states and getting settled in my apartment.  Both of my old roommates have moved out and another has moved in, so our apartment is out of sorts.  I have a lot to do this month and the biggest is get a washer and dryer.  So if you have one you want to sell me, PLEASE let me know!

So who wants to hear about my travels…  well here is the short version… Our flight from London went really quick.  I read and watched two movies, but did not sleep due to a lovely 3 year old who would start screaming and crying every time I fell asleep.  Going through customs in Miami went smashing and really quick.  We had a three hour layover where we got a snack and called our parents.  We still felt like we were in a foreign country in Miami due to all of the Hispanic and Cuban people.  Our flight to Atlanta was full of interesting characters which made for some good laughs and frustrating moments.  We were very thankful to get off that plane and be one step closer to home.  Katie’s dad and brother picked us up to drive us to Birmingham, but of course we had to stop at Chick-Fil-A first.  Yum!!

Now I am home and the fun begins.  I have lots of laundry (which I have to go to a laundry mat somewhere) and need to clean my apartment (it is so dirty…thanks roomies?).  Also one sad thing is some not so lovely person hit my car while I was gone.  Poor Deidra is all scratched up by my back driver side tire.  Gurrrr.  Why would someone do that and not leave a note or try to tell me.  Ok now I have vented and now it is time to move on…

Well I am off to deal with the laundry.  Also Happy Wedding Day LAUREN AND RYAN!!!  Cheers Yall!

2 comments:

  1. SO GLAD YOU'RE BACK HOME!!!! Cannot wait to see you best friend! And until then, a phone date is in order!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes.... I can't wait to see you... Let's make plans soon! I love you!

    ReplyDelete