Saturday, May 28, 2011

Market Day!

I just love markets! Today I was one of the first people up in the Daniel House because I wanted to hit up some markets before they were crazy busy.  Katie and I met up with Emma at the Nottinghill Gate tube stop and the timing was perfect because we came out just as it finished raining.  Today was kind of dreary, but no rain which is brilliant!  So first market of the day was Portobello Market which is huge full and full of antiques, ethnic food, brick-a-brac (random stuff), and vintage clothes.  This market is very touristy and it probably doesn’t help that it is talked about in the Hugh Grant film, Nottinghill.  But if you ever come to London, it is a must see!  At the market I bought a pair of earrings and a coffee cup (pictures below!).  I would have loved to buy more, but some things were out of my price range or junk that I really didn’t need.

 My new coffee cup from the market.  Cheezy, but I just had to buy it!
After Portabello, we walked through the nicer side of Nottinghill and then into the Holland Park district which is beautiful!  This area is more ritzy, but so cute!  We stepped in and out of a few shops and then I made Katie and Emma go to the park.  Which if you have ever read Something Blue by Emily Griffith, Ethan mentions this park several times. (Something Blue is the sequel to Something Borrowed which recently came out in the movie theaters).  I love this park and can’t wait to go back and explore some more!
 This was at some shop that sold face masks.  This is Borat! haha
 A turtle in Holland Park!
Katie and I with some peacocks in Holland Park
Since it was close to lunch time we decided to hop the tube across town and to Borough Market which is a huge market just of food.  There are booths for pretty much any food you could think of.  I ended up getting a chicken burger and a smoothie, but it was so fun to walk around and see all the options.  Great atmosphere and I highly recommend!

At this point, Katie was ready to head back, but not me (I have way more energy and need to explore), so Emma and I got off at the South Kennsington tube stop and walked to Chelsea which is another ritzy area of town.  Actually this is where Kate Middleton used to live.  You know when you see pictures of her stepping out of stores, yeah I went in some of those. Ha! I can’t help but get really pumped when I saw places she had been like I saw where she gets her hair cut.  Lame, I know.  But after we hit up Chelsea, Emma and I took a bus to a grocery store, then I took the tube home.  Now I am trying to figure out what I will do tonight J Cheers yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment