Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Home Sweet Home

November 7th

Our last day on the road.  Praise him!  This trip has been wonderful, but I am wore out and ready to get back.  The trip from Dallas to Birmingham is a solid 11 hours, but thankfully I get to be dropped off in Memphis which is only 7 hours into the trip.  My car was in Jackson during our adventure out west so I had to come get it before I could go back to Birmingham.  So my parents brought my car to my grandma’s house this past weekend so that she could come meet me as we drove through. 

I didn’t realize I had missed my car so much until I saw her.  Deidra is the best car ever!!  Don’t get me wrong, I loved driving Chad’s big F-150 and Lindsay’s Camry, but I LOVE my Honda Accord.  I didn’t even mind my drive from Memphis to Jackson because it drove so well.  Whoop whoop!!

The drive from Dallas from Memphis went well, but we were crammed in like sardines in a can.  Actually on the first leg I was in the passenger seat and I had to hold my back pack in my lap the whole time.  It wasn’t bad, but it wasn’t great either.   I drove the second leg of the trip into Memphis since I know the area the best.  We made it to our meeting spot with my grandma around 4:45.  Perfect timing!!

After we moved my stuff into my car, the girls headed out to get back on the road to Birmingham.  Then Memaw and I went to a fun little Mexican restaurant nearby.  It was tasty and good to catch up with her.  After dinner we headed over to visit with my cousins.  It was so fun to see them and to hang out before I got on the road to head to Jackson!

Now I am home sweet home!! When I got back I couldn’t wait and first off I gave my parents gifts I had picked up on the way.  I bought them a bottle of huckleberry wine to share, a hand made vase for my dad, and a pair of earrings for my mom.  I would say it was a success!  They seemed to like all of the gifts :)   Well off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment