Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Old Friends

November 6th

Happy Sunday in Dallas!  Today I got the privilege to spend the day with some good friends who live in Denton, TX.  Last night I had talked to my Younglife leader and friend Cat to see if she was free on Sunday.  She was and Lindsay was sweet to let me take her car out to Denton.  I drove over in time to make the 11:15 service of the Village Church who is pastored by Matt Chandler (my fav!!).  The service was great.  Matt taught from Galatians 4 about the beautiful picture of adoption, both in the literal sense of what we think of and that of God adopting each of us through Christ. 

 "But when the fullness of time had come, God sent forth his Son, born of woman, born under the law,to redeem those who were under the law, so that we might receive adoption as sons. 
And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!” So you are no longer a slave,but a son, and if a son, then an heir through God."
(Galatians 4:4-7 ESV)

After church Cat and I went to pick up lunch for us and Jess her roommate and Stephanie Grisham (aka Grish).  We all ate over at Cat’s and were able to catch up.  It was so fun to hang out with them and laugh about way back when.  Oh the fun we had back in the day ha!

Around 4:30 I went to go visit another friend, Bailey.  Bailey and I have known each other since kindergarden and our families have been friends forever.  Earlier that morning I had texted her to see if she would want a visitor. I hadn’t told her I would be in town because I didn’t know if it would work out or not.  But good news, it did!!  I went over to her apartment for a while then we went to grab a quick bite to eat before I had to head back into Dallas.

When I got back to the big D I waited for about 5 minutes for Lindsay, Brittny, and Amanda to get back from the late service of the Village at the Dallas campus.  They picked me up to go get some fro-yo with some of Amanda’s friends.  It was a grand time!!  What a good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment