Thursday, June 9, 2011

"All You Need is Love"


The London Eye
This is on the left as we cross the bridge walking towards St. Thomas Hospital

St. Thomas Hospital

Big Ben and Parliament
This is right across the river from St. Thomas and what we walk towards when leaving the hospital

As usual Katie and I got up early, got ready, and headed to work.  The pictures above are what we see every day on the way to work.  The best part of working in London!! 

We both headed to our separate wards to work for the day.  I did get to change up things for about an hour when I went to shadow at the anticoagulation clinic.  I would have stayed longer but the pharmacist tried to nicely say she was too busy for me.  I feel that way a lot.  Either they don’t have time for us or we get in the way.  Oh well, that is life as an intern.  I did get a long lunch today so that was nice! 
But on my ward today I did get to do some things on my own.  It is funny how even the little things like ask the patient a question or call the GP (general practitioner) or the chemist (the community pharmacy) are such exciting things ha!  But slowly I am getting freedom to do different things, yay!  Oh but the one bad part is they do EVERYTHING different.  They have different blood glucose levels, which they call BMs…when I see BM I do not think blood sugar levels…what do you think when you see BM!?  Ha! Oh and they calculate their GFR (renal function) different too.  Everyday I learn something else that America does differently that no one else does.   : )

After work Katie and I met up with the two South Carolina girls to go to Abbey Road.  This is the road that the Beatles record studio is.  Also it is where the famous album cover of the Beatles crossing the street was taken.  We took A TON of pictures to make sure we could make it look similar.  Oh and did you know they have a live web cam that you can watch people as they try to take pictures and try not get hit by cars.  We figured this fun tid bit after we ate dinner.  So of course we all called our parents to get them on the internet so they could see us.  I even called my dad at work and he got a lot of the people at his office to watch.  

Here is the link if you ever want to have a peep!
If you want to look for us on the web cam, you can go to the last 24 hour archive and click on the 7-8pm and then again at the 9-10pm.   So if you want to see us you can check up until June 10th.

Oh and after you "creep" on all the tourist, you should watch this...then you can do "The Creep."



Enjoy and cheers yall!



Liz and I signing the graffiti wall.
Liz is one the South Carolina girls and our new buds!

No comments:

Post a Comment