Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Nothing exciting to report...

Woohoo it is Wednesday!  We have officially worked at St. Thomas for a week now.  Only 3 more to go, crazy!!!  Today we were given a data collection project to do on our wards.  Basically that meant I went through all of the charts of the patients on my ward to review their antibiotics.  I had to check to make sure that the correct drug, dose, dosage form, duration, and indication were charted and no doses were being missed.  That took me a good two hours.  Then I tried to help out the pharmacist on my ward, but I felt more like I was in the way rather than helping.  : /

At lunch the whole acute admission pharmacy team had a meeting where they discussed progress and addressed different topics. It didn’t apply to me at all, but I guess it was fun to listen in.  After the meeting I went back to the ward with Deanna and we reviewed some more patients.  This time I felt like I was more of a help.   We were only up there for 3 hours because at 4:30 every Wednesday afternoon we go to a learning session where a medical team staff speaks about a topic.  This week Anna my preceptor talked about drug interactions with grapefruit.  Woo!

After work, Katie and I hopped onto the crowded tube to go to the Daniel House.  We were and are exhausted.  The last few nights we have stayed up a little to late and then gotten up early for work.  So tonight we are just chilling.  We ate dinner in and then for the past hour or so, we have been planning our last week in the UK.  If it goes as planned we are hitting up Scotland July 1 – 6.  No worries, we will be back in London to make it to the red carpet premier of Harry Potter.  I know you were scared ha!

Well hope all is well in the states, this student pharmacist is tired and going to read or watch a movie then go to sleep EARLY!!! Cheers yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment