Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Multiple days in One...

Today feels like a bunch of mini-days all in one day.  My “first” day started out commuting on a jam packed tube.  Literally I was smooshed against the door.  It was quite the experience.  Then today at work, life was good.  We got there to find out that we had two different training sessions.  One started at 10, thus we didn’t have time to go up to the ward.  We learned a computer program from a man from Poland.  At the end of the session we probably chatted for a good hour on what the differences between the US and UK were.  Next thing we knew it, it was lunch time.  Darn ha!  After lunch we headed to another learning session.  By the time we got to the ward afterwards there wasn’t much to do.  So basically I didn’t do anything to day except sit and listen about different computer programs.  Ahhh the good life!

Mini Day 2 started by Katie and I waiting outside of the hospital for the two South Carolina girls to finish up their work day.  As we are standing around we see this guy walk out of the hospital walking kind of funny.  Of course we mimic him after he has walked far from us, which then for me turned in to dancing around.  At that very moment I look up to see one of the head pharmacists walking out the door and trying not to laugh.  Good.  Haha! Oh well he is the South Carolina girls’ preceptor and not mine. J

Mini Day 3 was another jam packed tube ride home.  It is always very intertaining!!  However, since we had a slow day and my feet didn’t hurt, I decided to use this rare opportunity to go for a run.  It was amazing!!! To run around South Kennsington and it not be very hot and for it to be beautiful outside was the highlight of my day.  A-mazing!!!

Mini Day 4 was meeting up with the South Carolina girls for dinner.  They haven’t adjusted to life in the UK yet so we took them to Nando’s which is a wonderful chicken place that also has unlimited refills on soft drinks.  That is a rare treasure to find around here!!  As we are sitting around at dinner and getting to know each other, I can’t help but feel so out of place.  The girls are wonderful, but yet so different that I am.  Katie and the other two girls aren’t as go with the flow as I am and they definitely don’t enjoy being out of America’s “comforts.”  I guess for me I came in with the mind set of yes England is another country and yes it will be different than America, thus I will try to embrace and live like a Brit and not try to make London like being in the states.  Basically I am just awesome. I AM KIDDING!!! Just different strokes for different folks J  Oh but it does make me wonder why I am a pharmacist.  I do NOT fit the type A mold at all when I am sitting with the three of them.  God must have a big plan because I have been confirmed multiple times to be in this occupation and I have prayed multiple times for this door to be closed, yet I am still in pharmacy school.  Ha! Interesting, right!?! PTL :) 

Mini Day 5 was sitting around in the Daniel House kitchen with two girls for a good hour or so just chatting about life.  We were having a great conversation.  Also someone in the house had made puppy chow and that was just delightful.  Yum!

Mini Day 6 was putting my pharmacy knowledge to the test!  One of the faculty members had a dizzy episode while at a play. When he got home I chatted with his wife for a bit, then I took his pulse.  Katie and I then  disscussed his medications.  We gave him a recommendation, but also referred him to talk to his doctor.  Yay Pharmacist Katie and Katy J 

Now once again, I have stayed up later than I had wished.  I need to hit they hay so I can be wide-eyed and bushy tailed for another busy day at work.  Tomorrow I will actually have to work.  Oh and after work I am going to some festival in Chelsea.  So pumped!!! Cheers yall!!

No comments:

Post a Comment