Monday, June 27, 2011

Heat Wave!

Today was the hottest day of the year in London, a wopping 86!  Now if this were in Alabama or Tennessee in late June...this would be a pleasant surprise.  However, this is London we are talking about and there is no air conditioning and people walk everywhere and you are always around alot of people and some people haven't figured out deoterant....so that means it is hot and smelly!  Blah!  But I survived it all and honestly it wasn't that bad.  The Brits however, thought it was brutal.  Well some of them, that was a huge generalization.
Knowing that the ward I work on doesn't have air conditioning, I was dreading going in today.  But actually it wasn't near as bad as I had expected.  I did wear light clothes and that helped a ton!!! Today went by fairly quickly because we were so busy with new patients.  There were several points today that I was so glad that I was almost done, but then at other points I was sad that I am almost done.  The worst part about month long rotations is that by the point you begin the get the hang of it, it is done to move on to your next one. 

After work Katie and I went over to King's Cross Station to reserve a seat on all of the trains we would be using to travel to and from Scotland this weekend.  I can't wait and being at the station just made me get that much more excited!!! Then we headed back to the house to eat dinner and I am doing laundry.  What a fun Monday ha! 

Cheers yall!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment