Sunday, October 2, 2011

Day One...

October 1st
Day one of the great adventure started out with a twist.  So I had to complicate our plans by going home Friday for my high school reunion (which was fab!), thus making it weird Linds and Brit had to pick me up to head west. 
USJ Class of 2006
Well Saturday morning my parents and I have packed up the car and are mosing towards Memphis to where we had set the pick up point, when I get a frantic call from Lindsay.  Linds and Brit had been in such good conversation that neither of them noticed that her gas was low until it was too late.  Yes, they ran out of gas in the lovely city of New Albany, Mississippi.  Yikes!! But no fear AAA was able to come bring them gas and make sure they got to a gas station.  This only set us back about an hour and a half…no big deal!  Actually I was totally fine with it since I was able to a quick nap at my grandma’s house. 

So finally we met up at a Cracker Barrel, put my stuff in Lindsay’s car, and then headed out.  The drive was so smooth.  I drove the first leg from West Memphis, Arkansas to Texarkana, AR/TX.  Then Brittney took over and drove us into Dallas.  We arrived around 9:30 and our first stop in town was to get Mexican food, duh we are in Texas.  We grabbed a quick meal at the lovely Taco Cabana.  It was delish.

After dinner we went to find Amanda’s apartment to stay for the night.  It is a cute cute CUTE place across the street from the one and only Emma’s home church.  What a small world that where one of my friends grew up going to church and where her dad works is across the street from Amanda’s apartment.  Crazy fun, that is all I can say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment