Sunday, October 23, 2011

Where Did the Day Go?!

October 20th

Is it bad that I can’t really remember details of today?  Alzheimer’s? Yikes…well I will take a stab at it anyways…

This morning I rode out to Heart Butte with one of the PAs, Paul.  He is an ex-park ranger/paramedic turned PA.  He is a pretty cool person and I really enjoyed chatting it up with him on our rides.

Today at the pharmacy in Heart Butte was splendid.  I really enjoy working with Stacey.  She is just real chill, down to earth, and is a great pharmacist.  I just love how she knows all of her patients and they all respect her, even though she isn’t a native.  I would love to one day practice in a similar setting if ever possible.
 Also another great thing about today was when we were looking up clinical questions.  I really enjoy using my knowledge base to figure out situations instead of only making sure the right pills are in the right bottle.  Also since the Heart Butte pharmacy acts as in-patient and out-patient which gives the pharmacist a large role in the patient’s medical care.  Stacey is able to walk across the hall to discuss medication options and also to ask for a refill for a patient.  Also since the clinic isn’t swamped, she is able to counsel each patient on the important facts of the medicine.  This is rare in larger pharmacies, yet is such an important part of pharmacy.  In a perfect world every pharmacy would function this way…in a perfect world ha!

After work the cleaning bug bit me and I cleaned up the kitchen and hallway before Brittny and Lindsay got back from the hospital.  Lindsay ended up going on a night hike with Jim the pharmacist who took Brit and I the other night since she wasn’t able the other day.  So while Linds was gone, Brit and I went to Subway to grab dinner because they had forgotten to pick up our hospital dinner…oh well.  Afterwards, Shandelle and Ronelle (two technicians from the hospital) came over to hang out with Brit and I.  We ended up watching the Last Song.  :)  So yea, good day and good night!! Well I’m out…

No comments:

Post a Comment