Saturday, October 8, 2011

Narcotic Captain

October 6th
Today was just another day at work.  For the rest of this week and all of the next I am the out-patient pharmacy intern.  I really don’t know what that entails yet, but so far all I do is hang out counting and filling narcotics.  Harold likes to call me the Narcotic Captain.  This is a dreaded spot to be in, but I am going to stay positive and do it well.  Like I said in an earlier post, it is kind of stressful at times because your counts have to be spot on when you are counting controlled drugs.  Annnnnnd the Indians love their narcotics ha! 

My favorite part of filling is all of the names that I see.  Most of them have normal first names, but the last names are where I get tickled.  Here are a few of my favorites… John Oldman, Helen Mae Running Bear… you get the picture.  Oh but there was one really funny moment that happened due to a name.  So one of the technicians asked me to get a medicine for “Ridesatthedoor.”  I just assumed she meant someone with the last name Rides was at the door and I searched all over the narcotic cabinet and couldn’t find anyone with that last name.  Finally we figured it out that his real last name was Ridesatthedoor.  Haha, dumb white girl = me!!

After work Brittny and I hit up the hospital gym for a bit.  It was lovely.  Then we ate our hospital dinner (kind of gross but free!).  Then I was exhausted so I popped in the 4th season of Felicity and fell asleep watching an episode. 

Good boring day! Whoop!

No comments:

Post a Comment