Saturday, October 15, 2011

Just Call Me Captain...

October 12th
Happy Wednesday Ya’ll!!  
So what do you think about the word ya’ll?  Personally I love it and think it was the best word created.  Well tonight we had to run by Harold’s house, however he wasn’t in.  He left a note for us on his door that he had written “you all” and “we all.”  I just thought it was really funny because he quoted it in his note to highlight the difference in our word usage. Haha, gotta love regional differences!  Harold who is from these parts likes to “oh yea, wow.”  (Ask me sometime to mimic him J)

So on Wednesdays the pharmacy doesn’t open until 12pm to allow everything to get caught up and to focus on administrative tasks.  Well when I walked in this morning I began filling just normal prescriptions and what not.  A few minutes later Harold came beside me and commented on my cardigan which the sleeves rolled up and were held up by a button and a strip of material.  Harold loved the loop it made because he would grab it and pull me over to the narcotic machine and say the “narcotic captain” had to stay over there.  (He did this a handful of times throughout the day) Haha! What a nut!  I did think it was funny, but also frustrating because I want to learn something else besides how to count and keep a strict watch on these particular medications.  Harold however likes the fact that I have gotten fairly quick and don’t make mistakes, thus he wants to keep me over there.  Grrrr, but thank goodness we switch locations on Monday and I will be going to the clinic in the town next to Browning.

At one point mid-morning I had gotten us caught up on the narcotic prescriptions, so I was chatting with Harold about the possibility of seeing some surgeries this week.  The anesthesiologist had mentioned to me last week that he would love to have us in on the surgeries and I was game.  Well while we were chatting Harold told me to look up the medications possibly used during surgeries.  So I went and got a medication list from the Pyxis machine used in the operating room.  It is a funny med list, so I went and typed an organized list that separated the various classes of drugs to help know their uses better.   This was a fun project for me because it helped refresh my memory and it got me away from filling narcotics ha!  Next thing I knew, it was time for lunch.  This morning flewwww by!

The afternoon also flew by, but more so because it was very busy.  Actually it was so busy all of us forgot to go pick up our dinner from the cafeteria before it closed.  It closes at 5, yet we don’t get done from work until 6ish.  One of us will run down there each day and just pick them up…but not today haha!! Oh well, we were all creative and made something work from what we had at the trailer.    After we grabbed a quick bite, we went over to Dr. Rheuman and his wife’s house.  They had invited us over to talk about what to do when we go to Canada.  We are planning on going this week, but don’t know what to do.  They were both so nice to let us come over and they let us borrow a few maps and some more bear spray.  I guess you can never be too safe and I pray we do not have to use the spray.  I am kind of terrified by the idea of grizzly bears. 
Well I am off to go read for a bit and then to hit the hay.  Peace out!!

No comments:

Post a Comment