Sunday, October 23, 2011

Heart Butte

October 17th

Switch it change it, time to rearrange it.  (Thanks UCA camp for that cheer…baha!)  So today and the rest of the week I will be working out in Heart Butte, which is a tiny community about 30 miles from Browning.  It is just a small clinic with a small pharmacy.  Each morning I head over to the hospital around 8 to meet up with whatever physician is driving out there for the day.  Today I rode with a nurse practitioner named Pam.  She was very nice, but it was super hard to carry on a conversation because she can’t hear very well.  I would ask her a question and then her answer would have nothing to do with what I asked or she was just sit there.   So the drive there and back was interesting, I guess.

While I was in Heart Butte I worked with a pharmacist named Stacey.  She was great to work with.  She would let me do the computer part of the job and then counsel all of the patients, all 20 of them.  Yea this place is S-L-O-W compared to Browning or working in a Walgreens.  I read a native teen magazine and a Martha Stewart magazine while I was there too.  I hope tomorrow is a bit busier because I will be bored stiff if not.  YIKES!

One nice thing about being the person to work in Heart Butte is that you get off earlier.  Today I was back at the trailer around 4:15…awesome!!  I came home and chilled for awhile then worked out before Linds and Britt got off from working in the hospital.  Now that is the life!

When I got back from working out, Jamie (one of the pharmacist) came by to see if we wanted to go see her ranch on the outskirts of town.  Of course we did, so the three of us piled in her car and off we went.  As we pulled on your property we were created by free-range cows, deer, and two precious Scottie dogs (Bella and Tux).  She has this cute little home near her parent’s ranch.  I think this weekend we may go over and spend the night with her.  SLEEPOVER!!

After our field trip to Jamie’s, we went over to a pharmacist’s house who we have not yet met because he has been on vacation.  Pedro is known for having everyone over every Monday for pizza and football, so even without him being there the tradition remained.  One of the PAs at the hospital is house sitting for Pedro so he had the whole crew over.  It was real fun to hangout with everyone outside of the hospital, especially since I wasn’t there today.  I really like everyone who works out here.  Such interesting people with crazy life stories!!

Well I am off to bed to dream about bears.  Andrea, our roommate, has been telling us her scary bear encounters.  So yea I bet I will have a dream about a grizzly chasing me…  : /  Sweet dreams or not ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment