Monday, October 31, 2011

Slacker

October 26th
Ok to start this off, I must be honest…I normally try type up my blog every night so I do not forget the details of the day.  However, for this I am several days behind.  My bad.  So here goes nothing… I will try to recap to the best of my ability.
So I went to work.  It was great. 

After work a whole crew of us went out to dinner at Ramsey’s.  It was Brit, Linds, Andrea (our PA student roomie), Shandelle (one of the technicians), Gary (the head pharmacist), Jamie (a pharmacist), and Aaron (a pharmacist).  It was great as usual.  We had a superb time chatting and I had a phenomenal veggie burger…yummm!  I give the night an A+

After dinner, Shandelle stuck around and hung out with us for awhile.  She taught us about some Blackfeet culture.  She told us about the different religious ceremonies, like Beaver Bundles and Sweat Lodges.   It was so interesting! Basically those that still follow the Blackfeet religion are very prayerful to the creator and to the spirits of animals and the land.  It was neat to hear all about it. 

Lindsay and I then told her about what we believe as Christians.  Shandelle had grown up in a Catholic church so she had some exposure, but didn’t know too much.  It was such an educational night ha! Learning about Blackfeet and Christianity :)

No comments:

Post a Comment