Sunday, October 30, 2011

In-patient

October 24th

Switch it, change it!  This week you can call me IV girl, aka in-patient.  This week I will primarily be focusing on the patients admitted into the hospital.  I will review their charts, review their prescriptions, fill their meds, make their IVs, and fill the pyxius machines.   This week will be the most academically challenge compared to the rest, but I am so ready for it.  I am ready to learn! (aaaand I sound like a nerd, good!) 

Today I am shadowing Aaron.  He is the best to learn from in this setting because he lets you do everything, but talks you through it.  He let me work on the computer for a while, then he helped refresh my memory on the techniques to make IVs.  It is amazing how I had forgotten so much since first year.  I have some major studying to do before June when I take the mother of all tests, the NAPLEX.  Yikes!

After work I hit up the gym with one of the technicians, Shandelle.  After we worked out, we went over to Pedro’s house to watch the World Series and to eat dinner.  Pedro is one of the pharmacists at the hospital and he has everyone over every Monday night to watch football (except this week).  He makes awesome salads!! Yumm!  We had a lot of fun :)
So yea, good day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment